Profile picture for mkkiki2

top selling realtors in Roanoke, Vinton VA

looking for a top selling realtor to sell my home with a price that will move it. I had a realtor which didn't do much to try and move my home. I need to rebuy a home all on one floor with very few steps if any and level yard like ranch or patio home. I have a bi-level now with steps up front, deck and inside which my wife can not manage now. I need someone that will put forth the effort to sell it. Does anyone know of a realtor that really is on the ball?

October 13 2013 - Roanoke

Profile picture for mkkiki2
SOCal _Engr
Are you a Rel.? if not why bother to answer these messages. As my interest is in a Rel. located in my area.

Profile picture for mkkiki2
i had three homes in my same subdivision 2 sold one for 199, the other one for 210. both was two story with 3 bedroom up and two full baths lower level LR, Kit. and 1/2 bath laundry room,both had two car garage one on main level one lower level. one sold in 21 days the other one bout 3 months. the 3rd one same street as mine also two story mostly same as above for 199 had same Rel i had it was on market 6 month the term of Rel contract  and never sold at all, the people had already bought another home b4 selling this one from same Rel. i have coz they told them the house would move and soon. now they took it off market not sure their plans at this time as not in neighborhood any longer. So all of these had only a LR where mine has a large Den and LR. I had mine listed for 189 then 1 month we call Rel. coz it wasn't even being showed we reduce to 184, which the home is in good condition. A home out of my neighborhood but barely same style and model except it has 100 more sq. feet is up for 179,899 but mine has a fenced back yard theirs does not plus there back is very inclined. My front has a rolling slope but my back is nearly flat. Plus i have a storage building where they do not. So this time when i remarket it i will bring it to 179 to see how this does. I do not want to go any lower as it is near shopping and schools and etc. and believe it is worth that if not more.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
It's not unreasonable to expect communication and effort. How are other properties in your area performing? Day's on market? Transaction price compared to list? Have you talked to other sellers to see what type of traffic and/or offers they are getting?

"I have it price conpetivetly like others in my surrounding area."

That's one of those "sounds good, but what do you mean?" statements. Do you mean...
-- My list price is about the same as other's list prices
-- My list price is higher, but reflects features the others don't have
-- My list price is X% lower than list prices for comparables
-- My list price reflects recent solds

When I wanted to move a property (and was more interested in unloading the property vice extracting max profit), I listed at 5% off comparables. In my mind, we were likely to end up at that price anyway - and it provided a bit of an edge with potential buyers who were "price shopping".

When entertaining offers, our REA made sure the other side understood that we considered we had already discounted the price 5% (vice an adjustment based on condition/size/age/etc.).

Profile picture for mkkiki2
i have a bi-level with lots of stairs. its 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 baths. Up is kit. living room, three bedrooms two full baths. Lower level has huge Den and 1/2 bath which is large.Has two car attached garage on lower level and seperate laundry room. I have it price conpetivetly like others in my surrounding area. The problem with last realtor was i lowered the price on their suggestion and they never bothered to give us feed back on what the two people that did look at it had to say, the flyers in the box to show the house was so tiny they looked like postage stamps, while the one down the street same type house had a great flyer with pictures that was huge,never bothered to even come by and change the flyers with the price change. Said they would send us homes to look at only sent us two. I would call or email them and be weeks before i would ever get reply. I understand they are busy but what they promised they did not ever do. So i want someone that will do what they say and give me feed back and take care of things that should be done. After all when i sell i plan on buying from that realtor as well. Plus they get money off the sale so at least try and communitate with the sellers.

Finding an agent who will meet one's specific needs can be tough.    It sounds like you have some expectations, so put together a list of questions to help identify an agent who will help you with the process the way you wish to help. 

Some questions to get you started in your thought process:

How do you define "a price that will move it"?   (Low enough, and it will move!)
What efforts do you expect to sell it? 

Different agents will have different answers to those questions, so ask about pricing, advertising, what else they do to sell.    There isn't a right or wrong answer, just one that works for you and gets your home sold at a competitive price.    (Last time we sold, we interviewed about 10 agents before narrowing it down to one.)

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
"looking for a top selling realtor to sell my home with a price that will move it. I had a realtor which didn't do much to try and move my home."

What did the REA do? What did you expect them to do that they did not? If a property is priced aggressively, it does not take a real estate savant to move it (unless there's some horrendous back-end gotcha to owning the property).

Since you mention it, what do you mean by "a price that will move it"? Quite often, in my experience, that price is not one that seller's can/want to deal with.

"I need someone that will put forth the effort to sell it. Does anyone know of a realtor that really is on the ball?"

What are you willing/able to contribute to the effort? I am not in the RE biz, "just another consumer". But, it seems like many consumers expect the REA to magically make their property attractive to buyers. While I often feel REAs are too ready to spend the consumer's money to make their job easier, reality is that a clean, updated, well-staged house is likely to sell faster (and, not necessarily with the ability for the seller to recoup the associated costs).

Good luck.