Profile picture for kcanny

transferring home

Several years ago I was in the middle of a divorce and my ex would not cooperate with my purchase of a new home. My father stepped in and took loan out In his name-I put up all the money; but loan and deed were in dad's name. I have made all payments on the loan. I would like to get everything in my name but do not want to pay all the fees/taxes again. Is there simple way to do this?
  • August 03 2014 - Oelwein
  • 0

Profile picture for eric mc
I would say you need to consult a lawyer.  There may be a way to transfer through an estate.

No.

Whenever property (or money, for that matter) is in motion, you risk triggering serious tax events, so I advise that you make this a little more complex and consult with an attorney and a CPA on this.