Profile picture for eveksinclair

trying to change my home listing price - it keeps taking me to agent profile but i am owner...

our agent doesn't use zillow so i posted the home info/photos myself - now i want to change listing price (it is updated on our listing website/mls already) but it keeps taking me to agent profile - obviously i am the owner, and don't really want to give my agent access to my zillow page... how can i change listing price?

August 30 2012 - Ward

Even if your agent doesn't actively use Zillow, they may still have a profile that they (or someone else) set up at some point. When Zillow "feeds" off the MLS it designates listings under their agent. Even if you are the one that set things up, it is likely that when Zillow "checked" MLS it took over the listing.

There are several agents out there that are not familiar with online marketing tools, but it is a shame.  I have been in the business for 18 years and even though it is not second nature to me I have figured out how to use the tools that best serve me and my clients.  You should think about hiring an agent that feels the same way!

eveksinclair -

I sent you an offline email regarding this. Please check your inbox.

Ice

Profile picture for eveksinclair
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/116-Hickok-Trl-Ward-CO-80481/13194939_zpid/

here is my listing... all i know is that the listing price is (now) wrong. we have lowered the price to $249,999 on the mls/et al, but zillow is still at $259,000. i just want to know how to change the price, but when i go to 'edit listing/price', it tells me i have to set up a whole agent profile. i (obviously) have an account with zillow and set up the whole listing myself - why won't it let me change it? so frustrating...

Since Zillow is the number one website visited, I don't know why your agent didn't do this.  I'd ask again and, if they aren't willing to get it on all the major real estate websites (Realtor.com, Tulia.com, etc.), you may want to find a new agent.  I'm just sayin'

I don't see an active listing under this profile.    Are you sure your agent didn't establish a feed to Zillow?