Profile picture for zuser20140301171848480

va after short sale

After 3 years on the market I have finally short sold my (conventional) house. I want to use my va benefits and get back on the horse. I just got honorably discharged after 16 years and my civilian job is the same thing I did while in the army. I'm also a reservist. I successfully completed a chapter 13 bankruptcy in 2012 one year ahead of schedule. I'm currently shelling out 2k a month on rent and would rather put that towards something I can keep. Any help?

March 27 - Bothell

if you are a lender and you can help me out, i would greatly appreciate it.

March 29
Assuming you're 2 years out of the bankruptcy and have re-established your credit - a VA Loan is 100% possible.

Feel free to message me with any questions.

Best of Luck.

March 29
Visit a local bank and fill out a loan application to find out what products they have for you. 

March 28
Well since the bankruptcy I've gotten my life together and just need someone to take a chance on me. Most people that get out of the military take a pay cut or have to start a new type of employment. Someone help me out. I won't let you down.

March 28
The standard waiting period for a VA loan after a short sale is 2 years. So if you have past this 2 year mark, you should be good to go with getting another VA loan. If not, it is possible to obtain a VA loan on a shorter time period depending on your payment details leading up to the short sale. Either way, the best thing for you to do is to speak with a knowledgeable lender to see if you can get started on financing a new home. If you need additional assistance, feel free to reach out. Good luck!

March 28
Generally to qualify for back to work, you had to have a significant income reduction that is documentable. 

Is that the case?

March 28
" back to work " program definitely is not easier .......I havent heard  much sucess  with this program working ......

Regarding the late payments you reference below .......how late were they ?   just  between the 15th and 30th  of the month payments were due   or   were there  payments  made well past 30 days from when they were due

Was the loan involved in the short sale a VA loan ?

I would recommend  trying to get  pre approved on VA  premise  once the  short sale  is all completed ....this process is free and  straightforward ....by doing this ...you can then find out if the short sale / the  CH 13 and your present income / employment / debt  picture are acceptable for  what you would like to  purchase

We are close to Bothell and would be able to assist with a free / easy / efficient pre approval if you desire  the help ....all the best !

March 28
So do you think its easier to go through the "Back to Work" initiative than to get va approved after a short sale. Seems like jackassery if you ask me

March 28
I just signed the short sale documents yesterday

March 28
Yes, but we will unveil the facts in our initial interview, if it comes out that you had late payments, it will warrant a turndown. Wait two years, otherwise you will be in the position of making fraudulent statements in order to obtain the loan.  It's not worth it.

How far away is two years?

March 28
Because I was moved out of state on military orders and i couldn't afford to make payments there and on our new house, I wasn't on time with payments. However according to my credit report, the mortgage companies weren't reporting me.

March 28

Were your payments on time during your short sale?

March 28
I agree with Doug.  I'm in Whatcom county and can originate across the state.  Please feel free to get in touch to discuss further.

March 28
Normal VA waiting period after a short sale is two years, however, if you had no late payments on the mortgage and other consumer debt for the 12 months leading up to the short sale there is NO waiting period. Ch 13 requires at least a 1 year payout on the payment plan and all payments have been made on time. Call or email me via my profile to discuss further. Doug

March 28
If you can provide documentation to support that you've been out of your short sale for a period of at least two years, with good standing credit since the BK and short sale, we can help you with a VA purchase.  Please feel free contacting me any time. 

~ Jim 

March 28