values don't make sense

home built next door with far less updates, on the same size lot, in the same year,  with the exact same floor plan is valued at over 100,000 more than mine.  in fact, it suddenly increased overnight by $73,000 with NO work done on it while my decreased by almost 15,000 overnight after having $7000 worth of improvments.   Could you please REALISTICALLY explain this to me. I DO NOT want to her the word "algorithm" in an answer, unless you'd like to hear "UTTER Bxxxxx"   in my description of Zillow
  • March 20 2013 - Armour Hills
  • 0

Have you had a chance to read Zillow's Data Coverage and Zestimate Accuracy?

What stands out to me is that Missouri gets 1 star (i.e lousy).   I suspect the reason for that poor rating is because Missouri is a non-disclosure state (i.e. sales prices are not public information).        With a 1 star rating, far more important than the Zestimate is the value range (definition in the critical reading "What is a Zestimate?")

Off topic from Zillow numbers: , isn't it rather ironic that the "show me" state is non-disclosure?