wachovia/wells fargo refused to unescrow my taxes

my mortgage was done with wachovia 10 years ago... now i do not want to escrow my taxes but they refused to let me do that because wells fargo run a credit report on me(unauthorized) and decline my request. i never sign any papers with wells fargo and i am not late on my mortgage payments.what can i do?????
  • September 15 2012 - Hollywood
  • 0

Best Answer

When I had a mortgage I often tried to get rid of the escrow and just pay the insurance and taxes myself when due. It would have been easier to get an appointment for me to fly Air Force One on a Sunday. Unless the mortgage can start from day 1 with out an escrow it will be there.

Tim

The lender is attempting to protect their interest.  They need confidence that the home owner will pay.   ( I don't consider a mortgage from 2006 or 10 years (conflicting information ) a "very old mortgage".)   

this is a very old mortgage, i am not try to refinance my mortgage with them. only not to escrow my taxes , and no expectation to run my credit when i am not asking for money or credit from them. thank you for your posting

Did you ask them what criteria you have to meet in order to have the taxes (and insurance?) not held in escrow?\

As a consumer, I assume that if I inquire about making changes to conditions of payment that they'll run my credit score.