we are looking to buy a new home on long island and are relocating from illinois. what is the proto

• November 12 2012 - US
  • 0

Besides getting pre-approved for a mortgage, do you have any idea of what part of Long Island you want to relocate to? Are you getting a job transfer? If so, what is your time-frame? These are important questions to know.

Just like Illinois, New York is an attorney state. Both the buyer and the seller have their own attorney. The process of buying real estate in New York is similar to that of Illinois.

Call me at 631-703-0201 at your convenience.

My suggestion to you would be to get in touch with few good real estate agents. Real estate agents can guide you at the time of purchase.

Profile picture for Ryan Verbarg
As mentioned above, you absolutely want to start buy getting pre-qualified from a mortgage broker.  Once you have that letter, you will need to work closely with an agent on Long Island to guide you in the right directions for your particular house needs.

I happen to be an agent working in the Port Jefferson area on Long Island for the past 5 years and living on Long Island for the past 30+.  Contact me soon and we can discuss your needs and I can recommend what areas would be best for you.  Many of our towns did get hit hard by Hurricane Sandy, but the majority of them have made a recovery in the past 2 weeks.  There are still some south shore towns that are completely devastated, but most of the island is back with power and all cleaned up by now.

Get pre-qualified before you start talking to agents about the new purchase. I can help you with that since I work in 37 states. Getting the mortgage details worked out up front helps save you a ton of time and assures that you can close on time when you do find the right property. It may be rough right now with all the recent damage to property in that area. 

Let me know if I can help you out.

Profile picture for PaulJWells
There are two steps:
1. Get a value on your current home and get it on the market asap. Inventory in most Illinois markets is slim so your timing is good.

2. Get a good agent in Long Island to help guide your purchase. I can help you with that thru our referral network and there is no cost to you. The object is to find an agent with the knowledge and expertise in the specific area that you would like to move into.