Profile picture for cmayala1980

we are trying to buy our first home but I just started a new job is there anything you can do for us

• January 07 2014 - Mesquite
  • 0

How did your work history look like before your new job? Did you work in a similar field? Did you attend some type of schooling in a similar field? If so, it is still possible for you to obtain a home loan. Lenders like myself would need more details about your situation but it can still be possible for you to buy a home. The best thing for you to do is to speak with a lender directly to see if you can get started on financing with your situation. There are lenders like myself that would be glad to speak with you to help you get the loan that you need. Well I hope this helps! If you have any further questions or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me.

A lender is going to look at your prior work history and, ideally, you will have at least a two year history doing something similar to what you do now. Assuming your credit is decent and you have some money to work with, you should be fine.

Realtors work with lenders all the time.  An experienced local realtor should be able to provide a list of lenders that they've worked with who are successful in getting approvals for their clients and who are easy to work with.  Choosing a lender is up to you, but having a place to start is invaluable.  As a Realtor, I've had lenders who have conditionally approved loans for my clients who just started jobs.  They required two things: (1) proof that the individual has been in the same line of work for a specific time period, and (2) 30 days of pay stubs.  I'm not sure what the lending laws are exactly and I'm not a licensed loan officer, but don't give up.  You're on the right track.  As a Realtor in your area, I've closed many deals for people who didn't think they could get approved.  You can do this.  Just keep plugging!  Call me if I can help.

Profile picture for EddieCRS
Before going out and looking at properties you should contact several local lenders to see what is available to someone in your situation. Someone who specializes in FHA would be a good start.

Profile picture for USMortgageRanger
Hello Cmayala1980,

Congratulations on your decision to purchase a home! No matter if you are an experienced home-buyer or buying a home for the first time, I are here to help you. As you have stated that you just started a new job i would like to know if you were employed prior and is just changing job. You may be able to qualify for some down-payment assistance / grant from the state based on certain factors. These programs are limited to a select few lenders in state. Should you desire more information you can reach out to me via my profile. And by all means speak with either myself or another lender prior to talking with and Realtor as we are the only ones capable of approving you for a mortgage.

Lowell