we live in Canada and want to purchase a home in Las Vegas what are the steps?

• May 19 2013 - Las Vegas

We love Canadians!  Contact a Realtor with a strong track record working with buyers.  Be honest about how you plan on using the home and what your long term plans are.  A good Realtor will know that the guidelines for a great rental property are very different from the criteria for a winter vacation home, for instance.  Come on down, you'll love it here!

Profile picture for Mark Perry
Many of my Canadian friends have purchased homes here in Las Vegas. I could connect you with them and they could give you a detailed analysis of what they did to get financing. From there, I could help you find a great townhome or condo that meets your needs.

Mark Perry, Broker
Rebel Real Estate
[contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]

Profile picture for Ruslan124
Its pretty much the same process as buying in Canada.
1. Find an agent - Does not cost you anything (comes out of sellers fees)  but given you are in Canada it makes sense to have someone on your side helping
2. Search this site and Realtor.com to narrow down some properties for viewing
3. Come and view
4. Make an offer
5. Assuming offer is accepted, arrange a home inspection ($400 to $500)
6. Go to closing on agreed date

Your mortgage company will give you an estimate for closing costs.

I am not in the industry, just a guy that has bought in Canada and here in the US.

Hi, thak you for the fast reply. My hubby and I are looking to purchase a Condo or Town house in the area of Henderson or in the area code 89103. No more then $70,000. We are still finding out wether or not we get a loan from the US or from here. We will be putting dowm %20 for sure but still finding out if we can pay the whole amount.. The other thing is that we are looking for something end of the year to beggining of next year. It could be much sooner.. Like I said I just got this website form a family member that lives in Las Vegas and we have been there a couple of times and We really love it.. Do you know the steps on what we have to do to purchase a home there. And also all the fees we have to pay and to whom.. Thank you very much
Ninel and Julio

Do you need financing? I have been talking to a loan officer that is telling me she can do some types of financing. I will check on Monday. I would be happy to set up a personal web search page for you. I would just need your criteria. I also use video in my Real Estate business. When you find potential properties I can do a video walk through and send the links to the videos to you. My partner is also a licensed Realtor and I have been a resident of Las Vegas since 1971. I would love to talk with you and answer any questions you have. Thank You Suzie Marquardt