Profile picture for robinlawn

what are the property tax rates in camden, me? also for frye island, me in sebago lake?

• December 17 2011 - Town of Camden
  • 1

Thank you Dan, not everyone understands "Mill Rate" .

Sarah, I have never seen a city or town have different tax rates depending on what part of town you buy in. I know different prices will have different tax amounts. Why not just say in Camden the mil rate is (15?) and in other places it is whatever the tax mil rate is in that city or town?

You could then explain that on a $100,000 valuation a 10 mil rate would be $1,000 in property tax. That means every 1 point change in the mil rate changes the taxes by $100 for every $100,000 in valuation. Then a buyer can do the math themself to see what a similar price house would cost for taxes in different towns or cities.

Hi. As a local agent, I have access to all the current listing records.  It really depends on the address, for example, downtown Camden would be somewhere near $3,000/year for a home selling for around $200,000.   Farther up High Street, it is $6,000 per year and up. Sebago is lower, around $2,500 for a single family home moderately priced, around $250,000 on the market. $4,000 and up for a larger home. And Frye Island is higher, about $4 ,000 for a home valued at between $2000,00 and $300,000.
Again, all of this info is readily available to real estate professionals, and each town varies, feel free to let me know if you want me to send you info on certain homes you like, there are a lot of homes on the market and sellers are the ones that pay the realtors.