Profile picture for andrewjgrimaldi

what can you do to the property prior to ratification? fix it? anyway to speed up crt ratification?

i bought a property on july 28 in prince georges' county, md.  It's vacant, and i changed the locks.  i am all set to buy, but i am told prince georges county is 90 days behind.  Is there anyway to speed up the ratification process?  i want to close now.  can i work on the property (i.e. put new hard wood floors in, paint, remove old crap from the house?)
  • September 02 2009 - Fort Washington
  • 0

I know this was posted some time ago however I wanted to clear up a few things. As many of you may be aware, I auction foreclosed properties through-out Maryland. I do not know of a way to speed up the ratification process. It has to go through its normal process and get the "ok" through the courts. Second, although the property is vacant, the owner still has an opportunity to file exceptions to the auction sale to try and keep their property. Although I have heard of investors changing locks to protect their investment...I do not know of an Attorney that would advise this. Also, I would never begin repairs prior to settling on the home. Again, although you have an equitable interest in the property..it is not technically yours until you settle on it.

I am little confused-Sorry. You said that "I brought a property on July 28 in Prince George's County,MD. Then you said I am all set to buy? Then you said that I want to close now.

What I getting from this is you are probably under contract. Just because you are under contract doesn't necessarily mean that you have already brought the house because contracts fall apart due to many reasons Ex: Unable to get a loan committment letter from the bank,appraisal of house comes back lower than market val ue,people changing their minds at the last minute etc. Many situations can occur. And as long as you have not received the keys to your new house at closing,this house is not yours yet. And as long as you haven't receive the keys to your new house yet,you can't put in new hard wood floors in,paint,remove old crap from the house.

Hope this helps. Much luck to you.

Profile picture for VJRealtor
Remember you cannot fix another persons house.