Profile picture for afmaury

what do i need to do to list my own home?

I am a licensed CA real estate broker, but I have not been in the business for a few years now. I am looking to sell my home and am trying to decide whether to hire an agent or sell it myself. My license is current, but I am not part of the SF Realtors right now. What would I need to do to sell myself? 
  • February 10 2009 - South of Market
  • 0

If you have an active broker license you can list the property for sale as usual, just mention in the listing that owner is a broker. If you still have friends in the business or recommended agents who might be receptive to the idea of teaming up with you to sell your house, than could be a good win-win approach for you'll have somebody with the current market knowledge, tools and advertising budget to give the house maximum exposure and help you sell it for half the commission. Good luck!

Profile picture for RichardMCombs
Now more than ever do you need a local expert who can help guide you through the process of selling a home.  It will pay off to work with a local expert to help avoid the pitfalls so many get into if the home is mis-priced or marketed improperly.  Good Luck!

afmaury -

You may still sell your house as an FSBO (For Sale By Owner). Just go to the home details page of your property on Zillow, then click on Tell us it's for sale.