Profile picture for janem68

what does make me move mean?

• December 05 2010 - Mattapoisett
  • 0

Profile picture for TerritoryRE
It helps a home owner gauge the market demand for their property and at what price. Its a fantastic feature. One to watch for the future :)

[link removed by moderator]

One definition would be close to

"My house is worth $200,000. If you offer me $350,000 I will sell it."

Many times a make me move price is based on bubble pricing with profit added on top. It is very often unrealistic. Sometimes it is on purpose to keep people away. Sometimes it is delusional. "I bought at the top of the market in 2006. I should get 325% more than I paid right?"

It's a way to showcase your home and see how many views you can get. If someone is really interested they will contact you. If you want to sell, you should put it for sale.

A Zillow feature where you set your ideal price for your home high enough that you would sell and move out.

See:

"Make Me Move"

http://www.zillow.com/make-me-move/