Profile picture for mufasa1

what does the tag/icon "make me move" stand for?

August 18 2009 - Ballantyne East

Ashley would post a serious "make me move" price???

That's strange... if she "would", I wonder why she has not done it?

Besides, my house has had over 90 thousand page views.  Ask Ashley how many views she gets maximum on ANY of her "listings".

And by the way, none of the Realtors that do "cold calls" are familiar with the house.  Most of them do not even know where the street is, and some of them don't even know the difference between the city and unincorporated areas are, let alone neighborhood boundaries.  And the cold-callers certainly don't know anything about construction or structure types.  Most of them couldn't even tell you what bat and board construction was even if they looked it up.

And even though the country records make it easy to find the square footage, etc, most of them don't even have that information when they call.  And they always seem to say they have a buyer that is looking to buy that particular house; but they don't; they just want the listing so they can get 3% sales commission.

I already have 25 friends that are professional realtors; so I would ALWAYS go to one of them first before even considering a "cold caller".  I have no reason to jot down their information.  And since I'm on the federal "do not call" list, they shouldn't be calling me in the first place.

I have no reason to be "polite" to someone that violates the FCC laws and interupts an important task that I was doing, and only wants to waste my time for a pointless unnecessary solicitation, especially when the information about what they would have to pay for my house is already posted.

Since most lawyers charge by the minute, I keep thinking I'll get their credit card number before saying anything, and then charge the credit card at $5 per minute, or 9 cents per second.

Hi Mufasa1~

I agree with Pasadenan.... somewhat.  That is the purpose of the "Make Me Move" tab.  However, I would put in a serious price.  For instance, a person may be living in a $200k home in which they love, but will move if someone offered them $240k... Now throw in a person who is looking for a home just like yours and willing to pay $240k for it, that person does a search but won't see your home, and you will lose out on a Buyer.

My advice is to be wise and reasonable when posting a home for sale.  Buying and selling real estate, especially your home, can be an emotional experience and I respect any seller who doesn't want to "give" away their home just to make a sale.

And as for the Realtors who call you should always be polite and jot down their information just in case you do want to sell one day, you will then have agents to contact and interview who are familiar with your home... which doesn't hurt.

mufasa1 -

You may also refer tho this link.

It means I'm NOT selling my house, and I don't want to sell my house!  BUT, if you BRIBE me sufficiently, I will sell it to you anyway.

You know, MAKE me Sell it!  Give me an offer I CAN'T refuse!

Besides, now when those anoying realtors call asking when I will sell my house, I just tell them there is already a price posted, and if they WANT to buy it, they can offer that.  Otherwise, they shouldn't be wasting my time.

And everytime someone tells me they think it is TOO HIGH, I raise it even more, just to make the realtors mad.