Profile picture for mjzurita

what if i want to add on extensively to my existing home. what would be the best loan

have been in my home for over 4yrs.valued at @145,000. am thinking of adding on 3sides bby anywhere from 5 to 6ft.this will increase the value substantially.do i apply for a construction loan or a refinance. i owe @45,000. thanks mjz this will give us larger bedrooms, and dinning and kitchen.

• February 26 2010 - Braun Station East

Profile picture for real estate mike
It would seem you have been in a strong cash position based on what you own versus what you owe. I highly recommend that you save and pay cash. If this is not an option then you should speak with a loan professional. Also if I were contimplating this add on I would get a couple of estimates from contracting pros that I know. Assuming that you are not on a zero lot line in which case it would be very hard to build closer to the property line(codes) best of luck.