Profile picture for debcoxvoisin

what is a confirmed lender

what does the icon "confirmed lender" next to the lender name mean?
  • January 21 2009 - Santa Cruz
  • 0

That's a little vague.
You have to pay for it.

It's like a Premier Agent. You make your debut right after you pay your Grand. It has nothing to do with credentials and everything to do with checkbook.

Y'all need to spray some Windex on the matter.

I am a "Confirmed Lender" and Licensed. I was confirmed by the Federal Gov't, and my State Gov't, in numerous ways, then granted a license. Half, maybe more, of the so called "Confirmed Lenders" on Zillow, aren't even licensed originators.

To me the rectangle beside the name means high overhead lender, and that should be the consumer's take away from the term. It just like if Lending Tree started calling their customers Fruits, it's practically meaningless, and vaguely ironic.

A Confirmed Lender is a lender that is paying for the opportunity to submit live quotes through our website via a selected quoting engine. "Confirmed" is a term we coined to distinguish between the licensed lenders on our website versus the licensed lenders whose profiles have been prepared AND whose credentials have been verified specifically by and with the assistance of our Mortgage Sales Team. These lenders are then "on-boarded" to begin quoting on Zillow. Zillow Mortgage Marketplace is the best place to browse through and observe what benefits these "Confirmed Lenders" enjoy and how they function on our website. There is a process by which lenders are brought into the marketplace and the first step is to be connected with a sales representative to determine whether participating in ZMM is a possibility.  

Any interest in participating in ZMM or in receiving more information should be directed to Mortgage Support at mortgagesupport@zillow.com. At that point your contact information will be sent to our Mortgage Team and they will handle from there.

I hope this answers your questions!

Best,

Kimberly
Zillow
Mortgage Support

Profile picture for Jay_Thompson
Hamp - well, one Zillow genii has seen the thread. Unfortunately, this one isn't familiar enough with the mortgage products to comment. But I'll find someone that can!

Craig,
I'm not sure that is what it means anymore. I think it means an advertising lender, now. Call Zillow Sales and ask them. They told me, that since I was only a Broker, with 20 plus years experience, that "it probably wasn't right for me". It came down to whether I was willing to commit a minimum of about $10K, per month, to ads.

When Zillow started the Mortgage Marketplace t was a simple checking of credentials. Now it is more like a "Zillow Partner" thing.

I really wish one of the genii, at Zillow, would see this thread and explain it thoroughly. I'm not going to hold my breath.

Lending Tree 2.0

How do you get that?

That means that the lenders credentials have been confirmed.