Profile picture for irenegonzalez17

what is cobining credit scores mean in a va loan?

my husband and I trying to get a va loan can I help him with my income if my credit score is 576 and his is about 680 is there a way ?

August 27 2013 - Austin

If you were to put your income and information on the mortgage, then your credit scores will be looked at as well. Your credit scores will be especially looked at if you're the primary wage earner. The minimum credit score for a VA loan can very from lender to lender, but for the most part the average minimum credit score would be around 620. Luckily, there are lenders like myself that will still try to help or at least give you advice of how to fix your credit. So I would suggest talking to lenders, like myself, to see what we can do for you.

Well I hope this helps! If you have any further question or if you would like a loan, feel free to contact me. Also, if you found this comment helpful, please leave me a review!

Unfortunately no.  I broker with lenders who will go as low as 600 with a VA loan but that is just about the lowest any lender will go and most require a higher score.  There are things you can and may be able to do to increase your score but that would take some time depending on what is causing your score to be so low at this time.

I would recommend maybe taking a step back and look at where you are and work on your credit.  I have written extensively on how to do this yourself without paying a credit repair service on my Trulia profile.  You may want to look there for some options.  Always be careful with credit repair companies as many do not do what they promise besides taking your money.

Best of luck to you both.