Profile picture for linda francois

what is the best way to move from VA to FL.

Should I sell the house I'm in (which is totally paid for) and take the cash to buy another one down there since I have good credit and a good job here.  After the move find new employment? or Find a job down there and try to buy a house on a new job that I acquire?  I have been with my present company 12 years. My husband wants to live down there and start a ministry.  We have a old house there; but it is not adequate and the neighborhood is not what my husband desires.  He wants me to buys us a different place to live.  He is not working, but is working on establishing a ministry there at the location he has there in the Delray Beach area.  But he wants to live near the Riviera Beach, Palm Beach area.

• July 09 - Palm Beach

1. you can not purchase a home here while living in VA unless you purchase it as a second home because your employment is there and you don't have established income source down here yet.
2. if you choose to come down and establish income, you will need 30 days on the new job before you can purchase a home here as a primary residence so i would  suggest living in the place you have here until you are able to get the new place. what are your plans with the house you have here, sell, rent, what?
3. you can always sell your place and purchase cash and none of the above would be an issue. You can always do what is called delayed financing after which would be treated as same terms as a purchase but you would just get your cash back essentially.

Hope this helps.

• July 09

"He wants me to buys us a different place to live.  He is not working, but is working on establishing a ministry there at the location he has there in the Delray Beach area. "

Your husband is being short sighted. I would rent the paid off house out or wait to sell the house until a while after you move. Do not rebuy immediately. Live in the old house you own until your husband builds his ministry not before. 

Dreams are fine, but what he is asking you to do is selfish and not financially smart. If his ministry is meant to be,God will provide him the house he desires. Let that happen naturally without liquifying your assets. He is the head of the family, expect him to provide.
  • July 09