Profile picture for Anteater2

what is the easiest or best way to search properties that offer rent to own and/or lease options.

I have been looking under both rental properties and sale properties. Is  there an easier or better approach?
  • July 31 2011 - Tucson
  • 0

Rent with Option or Lease to Own properties are becoming more popular for those with less than perfect credit but with a desire to put down roots.
This is one of the criteria that I can check for a buyer search on our local MLS.  I have been helping people by and sell for 23 years and have changed my attitude towards these type of purchases in the last couple of years.  There are a number of situations where this can be a win-win  proposition. As an agent I explore all options!  

Profile picture for Anteater2
Thanks alot for your insight

That market is extremely limited, most are in the local MLS, hence I would work with a Realtor.

Most sellers in this market want, need to sell their house flat out.  As others indicated, in this market a lease option is hard to find and broker.  I take it you are asking because you do not qualify for a loan now?  I would recommend a local lender, see where you stand.  Then rent for the next X months, years working on increasing your credit scores and saving for a downpayment.  Then, once you are approved, work with a local agent to find the right property. 
In my opinion in this declining market, a lease favors the seller.  There are plenty trying to do that and offer them on Craiglist, some looking to take advantage so be careful.  Best of luck.
Spirit