Profile picture for vern16

what is the estimated value of my home

am being offered some low amounts even by todays how do i know what a fair market value is
  • January 06 2012 - West Chicago
  • 0

Profile picture for K.K. Yan
CMA is a good start. You may want to find a agent who are willing to look at the your home by comparing the market data in various perspective. I just looked at west Chicago today. I found that she does better in some areas compared to many other towns. I work with investors a lot and I usually will do a personal analysis by looking at the hard data with my own system. Cos I believe value estimation is an Art rather than a science.

The best way is to determine a value of your home is to higher an independent appraiser. It will cost you about $300.

The next best thing is to get a Realtor to do a CMA (Competitive Market Analysis) for you. It will cost you nothing, and a Realtor is happy to provide the info for you in hopes to get a listing at some point in the future. 

About 90% of FSBOs (For Sale By Owner) end up listing the property with a Realtor. Realtors are responsible for over 90% of all sales.

The best way to know tour home value is that hire a local realtor or an appraiser to do the Comparative Market Analysis, mean while it won't hurt to do the research for your own on Zillow. Seem Zillow has no lot size information, claim your home on Zillow and edit the missing detail which helps your buyers, who may want to know more details on your property.

http://www.zillow.com/hom ... 518_zpid/

Also the following link has the similar figure to your Zestimate, it doesn't estimate your home value but it helps you to do the math on your own home valuation.

http://homesand.net/Quick ... =il?Map=1

Zestimates give you only a range. You can always have what is called a short form appraisal by an appraiser that will give you a very close value of your home.

Profile picture for vern16
28w 410 mack rd

Profile picture for JohnWilt
Vern,  I am very familar with the West Chicago market. Forward me your address and property information (ie beds, baths, improvements etc.) and I will be able to give you a rough estimate of value.  If you want a more accurate depiction give me a call and I will drop by to view the property with you.  No obligation. Not a solicitation of another Realtor's listing. -John

Profile picture for AndyLinss
It sounds like your home is listed for sale. Do you have a Realtor? If so, ask your Realtor. There is no website that can provide an accurate enough analysis to advise you in such an important matter.  Even a paid appraisal may not reflect true Market Value the way an experienced Realtor's Market Anaylsis will.