what is the value of my home

• November 01 2012 - Redlands
  • 0

The best way to get an ideal of your homes value is to hire an appraiser. A CMA from a local real estate agent should give you the dollar amount that the agent thinks they can sell your house for.

what are similar neighboring properties closing at?

@wetdawgs: In my opinion, a good agent can sell real estate almost anywhere so long as he/she has access to good/relevant data.  I have sold property throughout Southern California, and I price my assets like any appraiser would:  with data.  I have dealt with appraisers from 1-2 hour drives away, and we "fight" data with data.  Perhaps it is a little different in So-Cal than other places, I am not sure.

What I will say is that it is ideal to work with a buyer's agent if you are buying a home that is familiar with the areas you wish to buy in...experience and local knowledge of the Realtor becomes an extremely valuable tool to the buyer in that respect.  Not so much to the seller (in my opinion only) especially in my local markets where inventory is a huge problem...

Best Wishes from So-Cal and good luck

@Rinaldi:  How can an agent in LA offer a CMA for a CA property.  I thought the benefit of a CMA was knowledge of local market and specific neighborhoods.  

If you are asking how to get a Zestimate, a computer generated number from public data, please enter your address in the text box on the home page and click on the blue button.

"What is a Zestimate?"
and "Data Coverage and Zestimate accuracy" are useful background reading.

Find a local agent to do a CMA - Comparable Market Analysis on your property. 

[self promotion and contact information deleted by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines]