what is todays homepath mortgage interest rate?

• September 18 2013 - Homestead
  • 0

Best Answer

Everyone will have opinions on which way interest rates will go but if anyone knew for sure they wouldn't be telling us.

What I suggest to people on when to lock is would you be more disappointed if the rate went up then excited if they went down. Playing the interest game you can win or lose as the market goes up and down.  I encourage people to lock on a purchase as there is enough other stress going on with moving and then to also become an interest rate expert as well seems like to much.  

Good luck. 

I would say mark is generally correct but right now with the fed meeting at 2 oclock and announcing their plan of tapering there is a lot of speculation that bonds will rally off of this therefor driving rates down. But if you are not working with someone that knows of these things and does not keep an eye on it you could lose out big if the market swings the other way and my guess is since you are asking this question to us your loan officer has not mentioned this so I wouldn't risk it.

MY LOAN IS IN FINAL APPROVAL STAGE. SHOULD I LOCK IN AN INTEREST RATE? HOW SHOULD I BASE THIS DECISION? PLEASE ADVISE.

The rates are between 4.25 and 4.875% however they change daily and the best thing to do is receive a pre-qualification. Your credit score and your loan to value you come into play as well. If you want a daily average I would use Bank-rate or the panel on the side.