Profile picture for JohnCenters

what kind of loan would be best if you own your home n its completely paid for.

I own my home free and clear and would like to get a loan for improvements.
  • October 11 2013 - Logansport
  • 0

Whatever the choice I chose,  I would not do my payback for over 10 years.

Typically a line of credit will be a better option when compared to a cashout refinance for someone in your situation.

Not nowing the particulars but speaking in general, I would recommend using a Home Equity Line of Credit. 

Good Luck

Profile picture for CallTheSisters
Get an estimate for the renovations you wish to do.  Make sure you are not planning to over improve the property.

Sit down with a lender and discuss the amount of money you will need.  Get a quote and determine if the extra payment fits in your budget.

I just done an estimate for a couple that was making their last home
payment and was getting proposals for a new kitchen and bath
renovation.
This couple was going to use a home equity loan, I don't know about the
different loans out there specially ones that I haven't used.
This is just what they told me, any information from a local bank could
help you find one but I wouldn't limit myself to just one for advice.
Make an appointment an go in a talk to someone.

I don't know why you're not getting answers on here from loan people???
-Joseph-

Profile picture for j3350489
Contact a few lenders and ask what rates are . get all the details before you make a decision .You can do a line of credit or just a loan .