what will be the best way to advertise in order to rent my home?

i bought condo for investment in las vegas and find it hard to get to renters what will you advise me ? i will like to do it by my self with out property maneger
  • November 16 2012 - Las Vegas
  • 0

Best Answer

Honestly... Craigslist! I worked a very lucrative and fast paced rental market here in Newport Beach, CA for the last few years and relied heavily on Craigslist for qualifying tenants. Many people have the notion that people on Craigslist are sub par. However the forum works great for generating a lot of traffic fast. And my experience has yielded tenants with high FICO scores, great jobs and income and revealed to be great tenants for my clients. The most successful part of finding the right tenant is the care you use in screening the leads after the flood of calls comes in. You absolutely must do a background check, credit check, and call on at least 3 references to get the clearest picture of how well this potential tenant will fit your specific needs. You need to get into the mind of the renter. In other words, what would you do if you we're looking to rent a home like yours? What web pages would you search? I do advise offering a commission to Realtors for finding tenants as well. If a Realtor has a client looking for a home just like yours, but you offer no incentive for them to bring their client to the table, they are likely going to avoid showing your home to anyone. Good luck, and I wish you successful investing! Michael Parker Designated Realtor®, [Contact information and website removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

I have always used Rentals.com,Craigslist.com or local paper.

According to me , there are many different ways to advertise to rent your home. You can advertise in the newspaper , take help of social networking sites as well. You can also get in touch with some listing websites which can also be of some help.

Obviously, in addition to the site you already find yourself on.

VRBO.com and Homeaway.com are great options for renting out your own property. The cost for a basic level listing isn't too expensive, and with one or two rentals even a top-tier listing will pay for itself fairly quickly. They also allow you to offer specials, such as last-minute booking discounts to fill gaps in your calendar. You may want to consider Craigslist's Vacation Rental section as well.