Profile picture for holman_laura

what would it cost to have electrical panel and wiring from three different owners replaced.

the house i live in is 1957, it was a girl scout house, then the owner before me, had the electric fixed then my EX-Husband and his brother did the electric. and NO they were NOT electricians.  I need to know the cost, or about what it would cost me to fix it all.
  • March 11 2011 - Benson
  • 0

Profile picture for ChicagoDanArchitect
Too many variables to give a price without looking at it. I'd do as others suggest and get at least 2 electricians to give you an estimate. Make sure it's in writing and the scope of work is very clear, don't just go with the cheapest guy. Make sure you are looking  at proposals are "apples to apples" if you you are unclear whether one contractor has included something, ask, don't assume it's included. Also, for this type of work you MUST have a permit so don't go with anybody who says you don't need one. Any licensed contractor will have no problem "pulling" a permit for the work.

Please talk with a local electrican for a bid, I would recommend anytime you are getting work done to try and get three bids and see the difference in work estimates and price(s).  I only refer licensed & bonded contractors and firmly suggest working with one.  Best of luck.
Spirit

If I were you, I suggest contacting several different local electricians and tell them you would like an estimate to rewire the house.  Usually they will come and give you either a free verbal quote or put it in writing.  Always ask a professional and always get more than one quote.