Profile picture for jchauls

what would the value of a 500 sq ft 4 seaspn sunroom unheated add to a property,

In Washington state the appraiser is giving us 2500 for the comp as there is no other sale of a 500 sq foot sunroom for him.  The room is used all year as a family room and it is heated by a gas fireplace.  A lifesaver during the winter electrical outages

October 25 2010 - Olympia

To the public, I sent a reply to the below comment by Angela to her, which she did not respond to.

Angela,

You didn't reply to my email to your direct email address.  So I'll reply publicly.

I was answering a question that I've heard dozens of times.  The answer I gave could help anyone reading through 'old questions'.  It was an appropriate response to a legitimate question.  Isn't that one of the points to this site?

You can call me or write to me directly if you feel I'm being inappropriate by answering questions, or you can post a public response.

Paul Klenk

Paul - stop trying to boost your contributions number by answering OLD questions! Check the dates on the posts!!!!!!

February 16 2011
The value will also depend on the whole house.  For example, if you have a family room, a den, and a media room the value would be less than if your home had a greatroom, 3 bedrooms and no other common living space.  In the first example, not being heated, I might agree with the appraiser, but as an agent these extra, usable, rooms have more impact on the sale-ability than most appraisers give.

You should also only describe it as a family room (500 sf is huge for a sunroom).  The value should be $30-40,000 if it a useable room year round.

February 16 2011
jchauls,

Looking at current and historical market data in an area comparable to yours with a local real estate professional, Realtor, will help you better understand the buyer pool perspective in regards to the value of our property.

Hope this helps...  Good Luck!

A