Profile picture for juneaudrey

when should I clean my gutters? 19426 collegeville pa area

• October 22 2012 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for juneaudrey
thanks brad, i'll get up their this weekend.  the leaves are falling now. just wanted to do them all at once. 

Profile picture for wreynol4
Sure it can be a hassle, but I always try to do it a few times a year, particularly during the Fall when all the leaves come down.  It's something that is easy to do, but neglecting it can quickly lead to damaged and clogged gutters and in turn water damage.  House maintenance is so important these days in protecting the value of your home, a little goes a long way!

Good luck

Profile picture for juneaudrey
Thanks guys

Dawgs is correct obout Fall cleaning of your gutters. I have done mine twice and will clean them one more time ofter all the leaves have fallen

I also get on my roof and blow out the gutters in the Spring. Gives them a clean start for the rainy season and gives me the opportunity to check the roof and gutters for any damage from the winter.

The final cleaning of gutters is best after all the deciduous trees have dropped their leaves in the fall.    However, before then it depends on how your home is situated relative to trees.     On my parents' home, there is a section where once a week cleaning is necessary during leaf drop to keep the gutters flowing and water not back up (fortunately it is a single story house).