when to speak to realtor

I am a single mom of four. I want to purchase a home. My credit score is low and I'm still in the process of paying off my debt. I don't know when or how soon I can go to a realtor. But I do know that I want to be able to purchase a home in the next 7month. What to do?
  • September 02 2013 - Indianapolis
  • 0

Talk to friends who have bought a home, then interview a few agents, the sooner the better, a good Realtor will start teaching about the market so you feel confident when its time to buy, good luck

It's a good idea to interview a few "Buyer Agents" and settle on one that you can share a good rapport. Even if your plans are far in the future, your Realtor can help you prepare for your purchase.
Best of Luck to you and Happy Home ownership!

Talk with at least two mortgage brokers and when they tell you, that you are ready to purchase property and give a price range, then contact a few Realtors to find the one who is right for you.  I applaud you, Mom of four!!! 

Profile picture for Stuart Drake
I am going to second what Jeff mentioned and commend you for the hard work it takes to raise 4 by yourself. Prior to speaking with a Realtor, you should find a loan officer. They are going to be able to sit down with you, pour over your finances, and figure out exactly what loan your are eligible for and what you can afford. Once the finances are sorted out, then you should consult with a Realtor. That way, when you find the home of your dreams you are able to pull the trigger. Best of luck, I am sure you'll find what you are looking for!

You should speak to a Realtor asap....they can assist you and guide you to get to you destination..[Promotion and phone removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for more information.]

You are to be commended for being a mom and trying to purchase a home for your family.  The first tip I would give is don't bite off more than you can truly afford.  The stress of a mortgage payment can take all the fun out of home ownership.  I would also suggest finding something close to the schools your children attend.  You might also begin looking at homes that appear to be in distress.  Perhaps you can buy something on the low end and fix it up.  Good luck.