where can I find motivated sellers on Zillow?

• January 23 - Virginia Beach

"make me move" homes tend to be people who are thinking "well, I wasn't really planning to put it on the market but if someone is really interested I would consider moving if someone is willing to pay the price I put up".   Consequently, most (although not all) "make me move" prices are optimistic prices.  "Make me move" listings are not "motivated sellers", but "I'll consider it if you make it worth my time".

For example, I have no interest in moving but if someone offered me 5x the market value of my home with no strings attached, I'd certainly move.

• January 24

I thought there is a category on Zillow called "Make me sell".  Had an agent friend have buyers that wanted her to investigate an owner who had a make me sell post and the price was not so great.
Value is in the eye of the beholder, obviously...
Good luck,
KK German
Wainwright Real Estate
  • January 24

Sometimes you can find those phrases in the description with homes.   The keyword filter will pull them up.

They are rarely bargains, but it doesn't hurt to investigate
  • January 23

sellers that express a level of motivation "need to sell now" "make an offer"
  • January 23

Why do you ask?  Does "motivated" mean to you that someone will sell significantly below market value, or do you have a different definition?

• January 23