Profile picture for CarolMcEldowney

where can I purchase a home in CA for $100,000 cash?

• November 20 2012 - Gilroy
  • 0

In many, many, neighborhooods spread throughout the state.  I have 2 listings right now priced at 100k or less in completely different neighborhoods.

Feel free to contact me if I can be of service.

Best wishes from So-Cal and good luck

Carol,
You received 6 answers to your question. As Heather said, it depends on what you are looking for and where.  There are homes available for that price for sure but you will find very few in the Silicon Valley that don't need TLC which means you need extra cash for the repairs and/or upgrades.
Good luck with your search. You can [hotlink removed by Zillow moderator] on the web. If I can help you don't hesitate to contact me.
[Hotlinks removed by Zillow moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy.]
Gilroy

I think it would help to be more specific as to area and your wants and needs. California is a large state. Are you an investor? What exactly are you looking for. I would advise to find a realtor in an area your looking to purchase in and seek that information directly from them. The more information you can provide to them the better your end result will be!

Most of the asking price is not what it will sell for. Many realtors put ridiculously priced homes to get one's attention. If it is a parcel of land near the population center it is mostly likely a parcel prohibited to build any home on it.
Sam Shueh
Keller Williams Realty

Mobile Homes?

I come up with >10,000 homes for sale in CA with a price of $100k or less with a quick scan on Zillow  homes for sale.     Even Gilroy has a few, although they look like mobile homes in the photos.

Hi Carol!

Have you considered using the 100K as a down payment for a property that could potentially bring you income (i.e. fourplex, duplex) with potential for resale profit in the future? There are ways to make that 100K go much farther. If you're looking to park the cash in real estate (and not need a home, necessarily), rather than a bank, what are your thoughts on unimproved land? That may prove to be a good investment.

Just some food for thought. Sorry I don't have more specific information on the CA market. Good luck!

If you are asking for ANYWHERE in california, there are alot of available homes around Palm Springs that you could get, in nice to fair condition for that type of money.  I would gladly send you multiple options if this is something that interests you.

What are your goals for the home, to vacation, rent out, or make a permanent move?

Let me know how I can help,

Karl Detlefsen