where can i get a FSBO contract for selling my house?

July 14 2013 - Limberlost

Best Answer
I believe you can download a standard purchase contract from the AZ Assoc of Realtors.

http://www.aaronline.com/

Make sure you also use a SPDS disclosure form for the buyers
and disclose anything and everything you know about the property.

Rita

The Arizona Department of Real Estate website is www.aaronline.com, and there is a public section. If you already have a buyer for your home, that will help greatly.

If you are searching for your buyer, there are many ways to advertise online that will get you results. The tricky part is in negotiating the sale, getting all the disclosures you need to protect yourself done correctly, etc.

Good luck! A relationship with a good Title Company up front will save you headaches and delays at closing.

Kat Tyree, Associate Broker
[Contact information deleted by Zillow  moderator. Please see our Good Neighbor Policy for posting guidelines.]

Most states now have state wide buy/sell agreements.  In Louisiana you can google Louisiana Real Estate Commission and they have a list of documents and forms.  In Louisiana, it is best to use a Real Estate closing Attorney to handle your paperwork for your closing and the recording of your deed/payoff of your current loan, etc.  If you google title companies in your area, I bet you'll find a list of companies which handle real estate transactions and they will have all the forms, too.

You can also contact  an escrow company and when your buyer opens escrow
the escrow instruction will be the contract for that purchase . Just make sure you protect yourself as a seller by disclosing  all defects related to that property even if your not gonna repair them. So that buyer is aware of everything related and your transaction should be smooth.

Contracts can be found: http://www.aaronline.com/

I highly suggest working in conjunction with a local title company from the beginning. Also, if you have a friend that is in the business it would be wise to consult with him/her. I would be more than happy to lend you local recommendations. Feel free to call or email me directly.

You can actually go to an office Depot and pick up and standard contract from there.

thanks for all your answers. I have sold a few homes and vacant land in the past, but my ex husband was a realtor and I used his forms form the Tucson Association or Realtors. When I went to the website, it only has a Sample form with the word "SAMPLE" written across it. I thought maybe an Office Depot or somewhere would sell them. I think I'll just go the the TAR to pick one up. Thanks again

Profile picture for hpvanc
As Socal has referenced and linked there are where you can buy them. Personally I would ask the attorney I was planning to use to review the contract. In most states you could also get them from the title/closing company you are going to use.

Profile picture for SoCal_Engr
There are online sources (like this one) that will provide forms for a fee. I have not personally used these sites, but I plan on looking into the forms and assess my options before I make a decision on how to list my house.

Good try to just get a contract.  That's probably the easy job.  You need to know state laws for what is required in a sale.  For instance the state of CA has about 50 - 100 pages of disclosures in addition to the contract.   Most lawsuits are because of lack of disclosure, so be careful.  We realtors do really earn our money.

In addition to the other post, a owner can Google it and I found many results online.   As a Realtor, I have never gone thru the process of selling a property without an agent, Realtor, or attorney.   You will also need to go thru a title company, all residential real estate in the state of Arizona needs to go thru a title company.  I can provide company and contact information if you like, I am not allowed to post it on this thread or I will violate Zillow's "Good Neighbor" policy.

Best of luck.

Spirit