Profile picture for foodecorator

where do you get your numbers? My house is WAY nicer than the one across the street, .

you valued theirs higher. Mine has a basement the same size as the floor plan, and I did a $ 23000.00 remodel inside in 2006. So I just wanted to know how to report the remodel & basement, coy pond, 2 pear trees, ect.There are 4 storage sheds too, one is very large...thank you 
  • April 12 2011 - Tulsa
  • 0

Claim your listing and tell what you love about your home!!!  The zestimate is not a way to filter homes to buy or sell.

Dear Foodecorator,
From a Realtor view, we use Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) which means we compare all the close sales in your neighborhood and sometimes the area around your home if there are not enough closed sale in the past 6 months. As for the basement, unless it is heated and cooled same as the upper floors, then you cannot count it as liveable space. nothing in the yard is compare either unless it is country property and has barns or sheds for animals. For your remodel work, great that you have done this, it will only add about 60% of the value of the remodel, and then it will depend on what was remodeled, Kitchen, Baths, Basement. If the remodel was only paint, flooring and windows this is only considered maintance to the home and does not all much in extra value. You also need to know that home values here in Tulsa have not risen much over the past two years. also the zillow zestimate may not always be as close to actual value as the cma would be.  I you would like me to do one for your home and neighborhood please give me a call or email me.
[phone removed by Zillow moderator]

Zillow's Zestimate is using the core facts of the house, the size, location, room number and comps.  Basements are often not included in the square footage.  The Zestimate is not able to include pear trees, remodels, coy ponds because they don't have detectives monitoring our houses (thank goodness).

However, once you've claimed your home you can use the "my estimate" feature to call out your enhanced landscaping and other features that may add value.