Profile picture for twd000

where does Zillow get "Public Record" data for Pima County?

For instance, this house  http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/6562-E-Calle-Castor-Tucson-AZ-85710/8543239_zpid/
was sold on 2/15/2012
However Pima County GIS does not list that sale yet http://www.asr.pima.gov/links/frm_Parcel.aspx?parcel=135031120&taxyear=2013
Wher eis Zillow aggregating data that is more up-to-date than the County website?

March 10 2012 - Tucson

Is it possible that the real estate agent updated that information?

Before I release my sold listings on Zillow I update the sold price. So it's possible the seller/agent updated the information after closing.

Profile picture for twd000
"I don't know Twd000, i do know assessors site can take some time to update.  I don't use either, I use MLS for the most up-to-date & accurate source for information.   FYI, this is what apprasiers use when they complete an apprasial for a property as well.
Best of luck.

Spirit "

Well unfortunately the Realtor's cabal makes sure that the MLS doesn't list Closed properties, so that's not a viable option for an individual trying to do research.  I guess I will settle for the out-of-date Assessor's site.

I don't know Twd000, i do know assessors site can take some time to update.  I don't use either, I use MLS for the most up-to-date & accurate source for information.   FYI, this is what apprasiers use when they complete an apprasial for a property as well.
Best of luck.

Spirit

Profile picture for twd000
Well, in this case, Zillow is MORE up-to-date than the Pima Co Assessors' Office

Go to  http://www.asr.co.pima.az.us/ and search for parcel 135031120

The Assessor's office does not have the recent sale 

If the Assessor's records are > a month stale, how does Zillow know about the recent sale?

I assume the note "Public Record" under recent sales means it was automatically entered from some database, not manually recorded by the selling agent.

Zillow is not considered accurate or up-to-date, I see many properties listed for sale on Zillow that are already under contract or even sold.  From my understanding they get sold feed from Pima County Assessors office, you can google it and see the site.  When a property is listed on MLS, Zillow gets an update and add "for sale", however unless an agent (many do not use or even aware of Zillow) updates it, the site will say it is still for sale when it is not.

Zillow is ok for a free online ballpark, but again, it is not considered up-to-date or accurate by anyone in the RE industry.  I have seen their sold comps and information (IE Price) wrong before as well.

Talk with a local Realtor if you need updated information, best of luck.
Spirit

Is it possible that the real estate agent updated that information? I know that when I sold my land, it never updated until I went in and did it.