Profile picture for efittery

why are condo fees and space fees included in listings.

I have seen many Mobile Homes and Condos on Zillow that do not have
the fees associated with the advertising.  This should be a requirement
for any Condo/Mobile Home listings.  I hate to find something that is
within my budget and emal the listing broker to find the fees are way too much.
In one instance, I found a mobile home near the ocean in Santa Cruze.  I
contacted the broker and found out the space fee was $2200/month.  What a waste of my time.  What a waste of the brokers time.
  • August 24 2012 - San Luis Obispo
  • 0

If you want to find the best and most accurate information you really should be working with an agent that specializes in the type of property you are looking to buy or sell. It is great for customers to do research on their own and get familiar with the market and there is generally a lot of information available to the public but it is not always complete. For legal and confidentiality issues industry professionals do not always list every detail of a property for the general public. Things like occupant name, whether a property is vacant or not and space rent are things that fall into that list. Opinions aside, that is how the industry is set up and we all have strict rules to abide by. 
A work around for buyers is to simply, work with an agent who can give you all of that great information and also step up to plate for you when it comes time to buy your home.

I have to agree with all the comments below. Zillow, Trulia etc. are not the best places to look for homes for sale. Many are out of date any way. In general, I would suggest checking out your local Association of Realtors website. Many of them have a "public facing" property search and the information there is always up to date.

Failing that, you need to use a reliable local agent's website for searching and as I see you are in San Luis Obispo (great place, by the way), [deleted by Zillow moderator]

Sometimes it's a syndication issue.  The feeds that bring the listing to Zillow and Trulia come from all over the place and certain systems will only pull basic info.  Even when I plug EVERYTHING into our local MLS I still find my listings missing info on various websites on the net.  Please keep in mind its not always the listing brokerage's fault.  Always contact the listing agent directly for 100% accurate info.  Good luck in your search!

Jeff Metcalf, REALTOR(R)
Watson Realty Corp.

Thanks for posting your question on Zillow.com!

Well, they do the best they can at giving you as much info as possible.  These sites "pull" the info from either the local MLS or a company site like RE/MAX so if the listing agent omitted the info, it will not translate to ZIllow.  Also, that is why you would want to contact the listing agent.  Heck, do yourself one better and put a local buyer's agent to work for you, they cost you nothing and can save you tons.

You might want to check into what those fees cover.  Sometimes they cover allot of things you would have to pay for anyway.

Good luck, hope we helped.

Oh, if you need a referral to a quality agent, feel free to reach out to me.

Just another reason not to use Zillow and Trulia when you are searching for property.  Contact a local agent for the most current and accurate information.

Profile picture for NY Broker
Any good agent/broker will include all fees that you have to pay.  Your correct in that not having them listed is a waste of everyones time.