why are you so off on my value (less than 50% it's value)

you have cost me the sale of my home.  I have it fsbo and a unit went 2 doors down from me for the same that I am asking and mine has more upgrades  granite, wood ect.  It is neutral and people tell me it looks like a model out of Better HOmes.  How does it keep going down??? I need an answer asap  I have had realtors come with offer double of what you have me valued at!
  • April 18 2014 - Northfield
  • 0

Zillow does not tend to address individual Zestimates.   Those of us who are outsiders do not know your home so only can offer general guidance.

Are all data on your home complete and accurate?    If edited, it tends to take about 2 months for the Zestimate to fully reflect the benefits of major edits to the core facts.

Zillow does  not have a quantitative measurement of upgrades so does not include them in their calculations, unless reflected in a tax assessor's change and/or a new sales price.

You are welcome to share your estimate and justification in the owner estimate section.

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
Typically tax data and sold price history.
See:
http://www.zillow.com/zestimate/#faq-2