Profile picture for Ernie Hinderliter

why are you unresponsive to owners input?

After three attempts to get you to correct information and raise your ridiculously low estimate of my property I sold it for 2 times your estimate. Your reputation as an accurate and responsible real estate source is poor, but worst is your lack of homework and response to input. Ernie HinderLiter 1312 Green Cove Rd, Winter Pk, FL 32789
  • May 06 2012 - Blandford
  • 0

Hi Ernie,
Sunnyview is correct, high end homes are harder for AVM's to calculate estimates due to less data available. Congrats on your sale!

Curious, since you stated your home sold for 2X's the Zestimate, was there a reason you want the Zestimate to show higher than it is? Currently, the Zestimate appears to be closely tracking the tax assessment value. Once we're sent the sale data, that information will be used for Zestimate calculation.

Here is a link to our Zestimate FAQ's

I don't work for Zillow and I didn't know that you were looking for excuses, but since you are...

My favorite one this week is I didn't weed the flower bed because my neighbor was sunbathing and I didn't want to disturb her. Truth is my neighbor would never do that and I just didn't feel like weeding.

Profile picture for GeorgeMosley
You can make all the excuses you want, but the bottom line is that all the ZESTIMATES I've seem are stupidly LOW!  What's up with that??

Congratulations on your sale! Zillow seems to have some trouble with luxury property since comparable sales can be so few in your price range and AVM's like Zillow are limited by the numbers that they have available. 

Ernie so many people agree with you...what bothers many is that people forget that Zillow is a guesstimate of value. They don't make claims suggesting you use their value as a basis to price your home. Real Estate is local, if anyone wants to know what their homes CURRENT MARKET VALUE  is, they need to speak with a local realtor or pay an  appraiser.Zillow is unable to go inside the home and see the upgrades, they do not know the different neighborhoods so they are lumping it all together. Just this past week I had clients purchasing an expensive home and they cited Zillow as a basis of their offer....even after I felt I had educated them on the current comps in the area....so you are correct, Zillow is not accurate, they do not claim to be . Congratulations on selling your home.