why did the price of our home go down?

• Question refers to 101 Vine St, Oregon City, OR 97045

Well sorry if you think "jerk" is such a strong word , I thought that was nice compared to what I could have said, And why would I think you could have been the one to have made that complaint? because in 45 years of this house being here you voiced your opinions on this in 2007.
Do I say to you "hey all those "toys" and stuff you got in your side yard make your home look "getto"? no it's not my business , And it really wasn't your's either. I don't care if you "think" your nice people or not there are allot of "nice people" in this country that have caused alot of damage, I don't do the "passive agressive thing" I'm not a "bliss ninny" you should have listed to your wife in this first e-mail you wrote me re: what I needed to do with my property. October 10 2007
Oh my....I didn't mean to sound critical at all....it was just a question. Every time we walk by your house I say "it would be nice if they would cut down the shrubs, then you could see the house and it would improve the curb appeal"; then my wife says" its just fine the way it is, maybe they like the privacy" And yes we have noticed all the work you have done. Actually the conversation between my wife and I started out as a discussion about how hard it would be to take the shrubs out. I was of the belief that it would take forever and be a royal pain in the "you know what". She seemed to think that is was just a little clip job.
And know I would not want to know you .You seem like the type of person who has lots to say on other but need to focus on their own stuff . Stay out of mine. thank-you

Profile picture for home2me
You know this is a public forum right? Why would you publicly call me a jerk? Because 9 months ago I asked you if you were going to trim your shrubs back? And then I sincerely apologized for my comment, even though I meant nothing by it; and you are calling me a jerk, accusing me of things I didn't do? I'm very sorry that you have to do something that you didn't want to do, and that you will miss family time, and that you have health issues; but I had nothing to do with any of that. I was just making what I thought was a neighborly remark. Please reread my comments and tell where I went wrong.

Maybe you could cut me some slack here? I'm actually a pretty pleasant fellow, with a pretty pleasant family. You should come down and meet us sometime. seriously. We are not jerks or sneaks or bad neighbors. We do wish you the best!

yeah ya know someone turned our house into the city and stated that the hedges were too high, but to cut them back after 45 years of growth and min care until we got it 2yrs ago we could not clip it back because the way these grow it is all dead branches underneath and would have look like crap, so we had to pull more money out of nowhere and have them removed and it gets better , because now I have the task of removing all the dead stuff that 45 years has left behind and replanting something in it's place.So i'm glad you like it because I don't, we didn't plan on all the money and time going on this right now, so if you are the person that "turned us in" thanks alot jerk. I'll be thinking of you with every weekend I don't get to spend with my family or when late at night i'm still full of dirt or I'm sore because of my health problems so i'm glad your a happy camper. yeah and how's your mold problem? Maybe when you sell your house the prospective buyers need to know about that.

Profile picture for home2me
I did see that they were gone. I think it really, really opens up the house. You house has such nice lines, the way it wraps around the lot makes you realize that it was designed to be there. It is nice to see it! Do you see more from the inside looking out now?

Hi did you see that our hedges are no longer there?
Just wanted to know your take on this.

Profile picture for home2me
Probably...but the people are disabled and can't do much. There kids come over about once twice during the summer and wack the weeds down. Actually, we need to volunteer to help them out! And there house keeps gong up in value...go figure!!

What's with that house, down the street from you with the garbage and the over growen grass and weeds? shouldn't someone report that to the city?

Profile picture for home2me

Anyway, bottom line...no criticism was meant of your efforts, just curious!

Now if you ever want to talk about mold remediation and the cost assistiated with that......: )...steve and denise

We have put 4000.00 in tree and yard debrie removal , we have also spent the greater part of our summer in our yard trying to get it healthy. We painted our house and cleaned up the dead ivy from our hill side, trying also to grow grass. And you want to ad cutting the hedges? Are we bringing down the neighborhood? By the end of next summer the yard will be done. we cut the hedges down last year.ran out of funds, and no we will not bring them all the way down or remove them. And yes I thank-you for ansewering my question, But that question was made at the beging of spring before the housing market turned to (you know the word) so anyway no more yard wirk till next year we are pooped! Marie and Brian

Profile picture for home2me
The price didn't go down, Zillow's estimate went down. Most everyone in the neighborhood's prices have gone down in the last 6 months. We live down on RidgeCrest and bought in Jan. Even though we have done tons of remodeling and upgrades; the price has slipped. Zillow just gives you an idea of the market direction, it is not really very good at telling you what your particular house is really worth. My neighbor has this really dumpy house that zillow keeps insisting is worth much more than mine, but in reality it isn't! -Steve PS/ are you guys going to trim back those arbivitas?