Profile picture for mchow31

why does my house value go up and down by 200-300k and the charts and hi-lo don't match?

• November 25 2013 - Mt. Baker
  • 0

Profile picture for Blue Nile
That was a "long time ago" for me... no Emails back, but Zillow staff responded to more than 1 dozen threads on the subject within one day.  I don't know what the problem was, but it got addressed.

Profile picture for mchow31
HI Pasadenan - Did you ever hear back from Stan? It looks like its happening to my home again, but now its going on for months. Furthermore, I have more sq ft, bedrooms, and baths than houses around me yet mine continues to decrease and theirs increase, with many having a higher value than mine. I understand that the home will come down to the purchase price once sold, but I don't understand why the value seems to be retreating back to the purchase price for a second time.

Profile picture for Blue Nile
1) "30 day change" is only an approximation; they don't calculate that value from the actual estimates.

2) The chart only posts one average estimate for each month; new estimates are posted nominally 3 times a week, thus about 12 estimates for each monthly average.

3) Several complaints posted across the nation this morning about sudden drops with the last estimate cycle; I sent an Email to Stan Humpries (Chief Economist at Zillow) a few minutes ago.  Of course, Monday mornings is their executive staff meeting, so I don't think we are going to get any answers this morning.