Profile picture for bax1955

why has my house gone down 80000 in year

my house was 470000 less than year ago now 396000  my neighbors was 430000 now 476000 my address is 96 cedar drive farmingdale new york 11735 neighbors 94 and 92
  • July 21 - Farmingdale

The market certainly has not been such that would cause your house to decrease in value so much or anything really. I would be of the mindset that the $470k value you had a year ago was not the true value. Is it possible that wherever you got that number from was incorrect? Also, be careful in comparing values of your house and "neighbors". Unless they're identical in size and condition, the values will almost always not be the same. A hi-ranch's value is going to be higher than a ranch, for example. Consider meeting with a Realtor or two who specializes is in the Farmingdale market and get an opinion. Our headquarter office is right in the heart of Farmingdale, I can definitely recommend a couple experienced and well known Realtors in the area who can help you get a sense of what your house would realistically sell for in today's market. Feel free to contact me directly and I would be more than happy to give you a couple contacts.
  • July 21