Profile picture for ditto77

why is it nearly impossible to get the aerial view of an address these days?

When I used to look up addresses on my previous Dell computer with Windows XP, I had no trouble getting that aerial view of a selected address. Now, with a newer computer and Windows 7, I can't get the aerial view. The program looks and comes back with a "sorry we're having a problem" response. The self-help suggestions are only for real computer techies and not for us plain folks. Also, we are not going to re-configure our computers just to make them possibly compatible with Zillow. You need to fix this and you also need to be available by phone instead of just shoving people off onto the website to seek help.

May 27 2011 - Sierra Madre

Open a secondary tab and go to google maps ,type in the address.

ditto77 -

Thanks for the inside "tip"...

I hadn't even thought of that one; but of course it makes sense....  Zillow's scripts do have a "time out" to avoid tying up the user and never finishing the page load.  And AOL is very hungry for bandwidth for transmission of unnecessary "stuff".  With all the unnecessary stuff it asks for that no one really wanted, I've never figured out why anyone would want to use it.

But of course, if people want it, they are free to run AOL.

Still it is good to know that Birds Eye views and similar may not load when running AOL, even if accessing the site with a different browser.

It is my "opinion", that any site that requires bandwidth and computer formatting of pages should be accessed without additional programs running in the background to minimize page swaps and devote as much of the computer resources to the task at hand as possible.

Profile picture for ditto77
I HAVE MADE A DISCOVERY!  THOUGHT YOU ALL WOULD WANT TO KNOW. IT SEEMS THAT THE LATEST VERSIONS OF AOL MAY BE CAUSING THE PROBLEM. I CLOSED AOL AND USED I.E. TO GET TO THE ZILLOW SITE. NO TROUBLE WITH THE AERIAL PHOTOS! I THINK THIS INFO SHOULD ADDED TO THE TROUBLESHOOTING ANSWERS. I WILL CONTINUE TO USE AOL BUT WILL GO OUTSIDE OF IT WHEN I NEED THOSE AERIAL PHOTOS.

Zillow is free, take it for what its worth to you...

Profile picture for rockinblu
OKAY

Profile picture for ditto77
I HAVE AOL AND USE THAT AS MY BROWSER. ONLY WHEN AOL SEEMS NOT TO BE WORK DO I DELIBERATELY OPEN IE (PRETTY SURE I HAVE IE 8) TO REACH A SITE. THS HAS ALWAYS WORKED IN THE PAST. I SHOULD NOT HAVE TO USE SOMETHING OTHER THAN EITHER AOL OR EI TO GET WHAT I NEED FROM THE ZILLOW SITE. WHAT I DON'T WANT TO DO IS CHANGE MY COMPUTER OR ADD PROGRAMS JUST FOR ZILLOW.  EVERY OTHER SITE I VISIT IS HAPPY WITH ME IN AOL. ZILLOW SHOULD BE THE SAME. I HAVE THE MOST RECENT AOL (9.6 VERSION) AND AM CURRENT ON UPDATES.

Profile picture for rockinblu
Do this>>>>
http://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser%27s-Cache#Internet_Explorer_8

This is probably applicable if you have IE9 as well.

After doing that, close all the way out of IE and then log back in.

See if that helps. 

If it doesn't work, maybe you don't have, and might need the latest version of flashplayer.

The simplest thing is to download Firefox. and use it for your browser on Zillow. It's very simple to do and works great. Yes, you can have more than one browser. I use both IE9 and Firefox.