Profile picture for 365205

why is it that I had a loan to value of 80% or better in 2007 and the banks and realtors

inflated the values or gave loans to people they shouldnt have. Now when I go to refinance my mortgage I have to pay pmi. I put down 100,000 on my home and have 810+ credit score and I am being treated like someone who is a risk. I am not the problem banks and realtors are the problem.
  • August 17 2011 - Southaven
  • 0

Value is established for loan purposes by the appraiser.  no one else.

Profile picture for Michael Helton

You have an 810+ credit score?  Impressive.

If it was a new loan they would be swooning over you, but on a refi then not so much.  Nevada is now sueing Wells, BofA and a few other banks for criminal and civil charges regarding their bait and switch tactics, as well as their purposeful blocking of customers from refi.

Crazy world out there.

If you have a Fannie or Freddie loan and didn't have MI to begin with you can probably refinance now without MI. What is the loan balance and estimated value?