Profile picture for Angelai29

why is my zestmate value keep gion down while my neighbors zestmate keeps going up

I need to contact zillow  about my zestmate value somthing must be wrong  my value keeps going down while others on my street keep going up !!!
  • September 18 2011 - Amherst
  • 0

I have the same situation now with Zestimates in Winchester MA and had similar with another listing earlier in another town. I also Zestimates that are way too high... As a Realtor I simply DO NOT RELY ON ZESTIMATES!  Sometimes, they are so far from a reality that I don't even want to discuss them with my buyers or sellers and just focus them on the price analysis report I prepare. After all, if I don't know how Zillow comes up with their Zestimates, I cannot defend or support them and they are just confusing buyers.

Profile picture for Nayna Bawa
Zillow uses its own algorithim when computing value to your house.  The Zestimate is Zillow's own unique system.  As professional realtors, we use our own methods for computing fair market value and never rely on a Zestimate.  A Zestimate is just that...a rough idea of what your home should list for.  The complaint has oftentimes been that it is inaccurate.  I would recommend that you have a realtor submit a free comparative market value assessment on your home.  It is free of charge and will give you a better idea of what your home is really worth.  I hope I helped to answer your question.

It isnt, it just seems that way....for all of us...