Profile picture for urselriggs26

why is zillow marketing my town house when I signed no agreement with zillow?

• August 08 2012 - Lander
  • 0

Best Answer

Have you had an opportunity to read "Can I remove my home from Zillow?"  The bottom line is Zillow doesn't remove what our government agencies have decided is public data.

Hi there,
It looks like you claimed the home in November 2011 and edited the home information. I can remove the description that was added for you if you'd like. I don't see that we have your home for sale, but I do see this for sale on Trulia and the agent's website as for sale. I'll send you a separate email with that information.

Profile picture for Dunes ..
You need contact with someone from Zillow .. not this imo

If you do not hear from Zillow in a timely manner/soon here then it's my opinion your best bet is to email one of these folks
Click Contact on their Profile

Ice L.

Neil Roxas

If you do not hear back in a reasonable amount of time then go up the ladder & try

Russ Hatfield  ..Customer and Community Support

Rachel Rosen ...Customer support

Not happy with the Service/Response/Assistance/Forum
Share your view with.. Spencer Rascoff..CEO at Zillow

Good Luck & I hope you get a response from Zillow

Profile picture for Blue Nile
And while we are at it, here are a few more websites you can complain about for having the INFORMATION about your home on their website, that they will not remove under any conditions:

Realestate.com/homepricecheck

homes.com

Eppraisal

realquest.com express

cyberhomes.com

trulia

chase

homegain

Profile picture for Blue Nile
"Let's stop screwing around here and get my property off your website." -

I used to post how to remove the properties (since Zillow states they will not under ANY conditions), but last time I posted that INFORMATION, I was "banned" from posting on the website.  And they indicated I would be banned from using the website if I continued to post how to do such things!

Nothing on this website belongs to individuals besides the INFORMATION and images they POST.  It is a federal law.  Public information belongs to the public, not "individuals".

There are still lots of my old posts stating how to remove a property on Zillow if anyone really wanted to do a search.

You might as well file a complaint against Zillow with the Better Business Bureau.  No one cares what BBB says about an information website, especially when the complaints are from "non-customers" that pay "nothing".   While you are at it, you should also file about 10 million complaints against Bill Gates and Microsoft for all the companies they put out of business, their defective software, their intentional spying on the public, their illegal procedures, and their violation of anti-trust laws.

If your "home" was on the website, you would "live" in cyberspace, and would own no "real property".

By the way, no one that posted on this thread works for Zillow or has any connection to Zillow of any kind.  Nobody from Zillow has read the thread, nor your request.

Profile picture for urselriggs26
my property is not public data. Let's stop screwing around here and get my property off your website.

I plan to file a complaint against zillow with the BBB of Seattle this morning.

Profile picture for urselriggs26
I want zillow to remove my property from its site

If your home is listed for sale by an agent, your agent may have the listing on a feed that syndicates with Zillow.  If the agent stops the syndication to Zillow, it will no longer appear on Zillow.       If the agent is unaware they are sending it to Zillow, then they can find the source of the listing by opening the home details page and scrolling to the bottom to find the feed source.

While Zillow can temporarily remove it, as long as the agent has an active feed to Zillow it will again appear listed on Zillow.   Zillow is not marketing your home, Zillow is a media organization where agents and owners can advertise homes.

If you are asking about a house that isn't listed for sale on Zillow but shows with public data, then Zillow has an FAQ "Can I remove my home from Zillow". 

Profile picture for Blue Nile
As wetdawgs implied, you contact your agent, and tell them you want them to remove the property from all syndicating sources they published on. 

That "is" your agent's job.

There are thousands of websites that intentionally syndicate to Zillow and other "listing" and "media" sites.  Zillow makes it easy to find which syndicating site to remove it from by posting the "source" at the bottom of each listing home details page.

By the way, even after the listing is removed, the home details page will remain.  "Public information" is NOT "private property", and can freely be posted anywhere by anyone.  No "home owner" owns the "information".

Profile picture for urselriggs26
My agent did not list this property with zillow. As I own this town home I want
it removed from zillow.

Please advise me when this has been done/

If your house is listed for sale on Zillow, it most likely came from your agent.   You can find the source of the listing feed to Zillow by scrolling to the bottom of the home details page for your home.