why is zillows zestimate only for my lot and does not include my home?

Zillow says the property was last sold in 1996, that's when I bought the lot for 48,500.
In 2000 I had my home built. My  home alone is worth what zillows zestimate is, now include the 7.2 manicured acres that it's sitting on, and don't forget the 36' X 48'
multi purpose barn.
  • June 30 2013 - Buckingham
  • 0

Profile picture for blank screen EXILED
Zillow does not estimate empty land at all.

Yes, the estimating method does heavily weight the last sold price adjusted for sold date, so of course the user of the estimates will need to make their own adjustments for improvements since last purchased.

For more information, see the Zillow FAQ:
"what is a Zestimate?"