Profile picture for TL HOLDINGS

why o has the screen changed to a Giant useless map & a tiny row of listings to right of screen?

• August 25 2012 - New York
  • 0

Profile picture for sandra921
I could not have worded this complaint better.
How do I slay this useless monster map?

Profile picture for blue screen exile
"just wish I knew how to control which is selected" -

Well, I now have "found out"...

See the thread:
Successfully TOGGLE between BIG map, and "NORMAL map"!

Profile picture for blue screen exile
The one think I liked about the new (alternate) format was that the filters box doesn't cover part of the map.

Profile picture for HmOnr
I had the new format (locked map and scrolling list of homes) for a while and was just starting to get used to it when it suddenly changed back again.  There are things I like about both formats (just wish I knew how to control which is selected) and think a combination of the two would be ideal.  It would have the large map frozen in place on top and only the list (the more detailed one that extends across the full width of screen) would scroll.......in other words, using frames or script that emulates frames.  That seems so obvious that I'm guessing there must be a reason why this isn't being used.   Thanks.

Profile picture for blue screen exile
They have been running random tests on randomly selected users for that "new" (alternate) format.  Most people don't get that one.

Try clearing all your Zillow browser cookies, closing the browser, restarting the browser, then go back to the home search page without being logged in.

No one I know that has tried the new format has liked it.  But apparently Zillow is still playing with tests for it to try to get it to a point that people might accept it.  I've only gotten that format once, but I reset my cookies and have never seen it since.  Apparently the change in format would make it harder for robots to steal the website data.  And apparently Zillow really believes people want to see the map all the time without it scrolling off the top of the screen.

The interesting thing is, the right bar scrolling is not done with frames, but with a script, and if scripts are off it won't scroll.  And the amount of data in the right margin is identical to the amount that is under the map after the map is scrolled off the screen with the "standard" present format.