why was no one at the open house listed

I went to an open house that was e-mailed to me yesterday and when I got there, there was no one there.  The open house was on 8619 castle mill circle.  from 5 to 7.  I hung aroung til 5:45 and still no one.  So I don't waste more of my time.  I was emailed an open house invitation for Sat at 5007 Cameo Terrace, Perry Hall on Sat afternoon from 12:30 to 2:00 and I was planning to go.  Will there be an open house

October 10 2013 - US

Unfortunately, some agents are flaky and disrespectful.

That would be most annoying that an agent has advertised an open house and wasn't there.  You will need to contact the agent who listed the open house to see what happened.    Zillow compiles the information agents from many companies provide.

For the next one, call the listing agent first.

However, you may wish to also have a buyer's agent so when they ask the question "do you have an agent", you can say "yes" and don't end up with a dual agency situation (potentially very ugly)

the first open house was also listed on the company website

I can't speak for the 1st listing, but with the 2nd listing the agent has listed an open house on their company website for this Saturday from 12:30-2:30. So my guess is that Open House will occur.

I would recommend that if that is the case that you get yourself a buyers agent and not use the listing agent if you are interested in that particular house.  You need someone who is willing to work for you.