Profile picture for ice_creamangell

why zillow is in accurate

zillow is totally an in accurate website for valuations of homes. why anyone would rely on this "estimate" they provide is a fool. the board of realtors as well as our financial markets should have only one reliable website. the feeds that they use are so wrong for home information as well as the valuation and field cards driven or fed through the internet give totally false information. I know this for a fact.
  • November 09 2010 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for ice_creamangell
thank you for the correct response. what I don't like is on good morning america and the other morning show how the big realtor investment women (can't remember her name) actually promotes zillow and comes up with these homes for your value. I have heard too many people relying on what zillow has to say. My biggest argument in these tough times with the housing market is that I have asked realtors the percentage of homes being sold cause of divorce, and foreclosure's vs'ing an actual market of a home to comp out with someone that just wants to sell and move on. It is so unfair that a seller has to deal with these low comp's when they have no selling or buying situations. Just because 1/2 of my neighbors are getting divorced or can't pay their mortgage and going under foreclosure why should I take that hit.... that is one huge issue that really gets to me. I did the whole realestate thing and have my license and i have seen so many unfair practices and lies.

Profile picture for Debbie Holmes
The zestimate cannot be relied on.  I have a listing that is worth around $300,000 and Zillow has it for $238K.....

Profile picture for ice_creamangell
no-one is hurting here, I'm just tired of hearing all the wrong information, and those whom think that this web cite is just so correct on the market. At one time they had my house as a Stucco finish, what a joke, and what it took to fix it, not to mention a few others. Saw a house on the market value at the high $4"s K even give or take it in todays market and it's comp with other homes were pretty bad, like not even close.

I think they should stay in the seattle market and stop feeding off of other websites. I spend a lot of time with comp's, and I can't help to laugh at how
they come up with this info. As for hiring a realtor, it's like trying on a bunch of bad shoes until you find one that is ACTUALLY DOING THEIR JOB AND IS ACTUALLY IN REWARD TO HOLD A LICENSE.! Let's face it they are for themselves not for you ( after you pay a hunk of commissions) and they can't even prove what they have done for you. Just sit and wait for the phone to ring. I can find out more reliable info for buyers and seller then they can.  Home selling has gotten way out of hand. I can't tell you how many times I want to look at the "house and it's structure" and not have someone convince me of what I could do with the basement. I thought I was buying and living above ground, not below ground. got plenty of time when that comes... 

Zillow readily admits that it's zestimates are merely estimates based upon public information.  If you want a good estimate, contact a local Realtor for a free CMA (Comparative Market Analysis).

Oh well.  Sounds like you are hurting