Profile picture for shanmartin

will I qualify for home buyer tax credit ?

The government extended tax credit deadline from June 30 to Sep 30. I'm first time homebuyer and wrote contract on November 28 2009 and I am closing on Jul 20,2010. It's a new home under construction. In our purchase agreement builder wrote that they could close around August 2010  but they are closing on July 20 now. My concern is builder mentioned in the agreement that they would be delivering in August. So would I qualify for the tax extension

Shan
  • July 09 2010 - US
  • 0

Profile picture for Ana Martinez
Hi, don't worry. As long as your income is within the limits, you will qualify for it. The extension will allow you to qualify even if you close in September. The sooner the better, cause you'll get your money quicker.

Sounds like you would qualify based on the extension, as long as you opened escrow before April 30 and close before September 30. Your contract from november 28, 2009 to July 20 or even August falls within these deadlines.