Profile picture for evakwong

wrong information

I'm a owner of 2524 Fairbanks Ct, IL 60540.  We bought this house on May 2008.   The price is $315,000.  This was foreclosure house before us. How can we correct this information at Zillow.com.  Thanks!

April 18 2010 - Naperville

Profile picture for evakwong
Hi Andy,
Our lawyer told us that there are two deeds on the house and total to be $315000, the assessor may just be looking at one of the two deeds. Our property tax is $6000 something, I think it is correct.  Thank you for your research.

Hi Eva,

In researching this, I see that the sale was recorded properly in the MLS as 04/10/2008 for $315,000 but the tax assessor has the sale at $157,500.   You could correct it there, but I would think that could impact your TAXES as well!

I think that most understand that the Zestimate is only a guidline and you might note that in the 'claim your home' section.  You can go to the Naperville township assessor search to see this information first hand.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Andy Linss
Re/Max Action

Profile picture for evakwong
Thanks Sunnyview and Andy.  I will try and see if it works.  I just worry if some my documents made mistakes that's why cause the issue. Thanks!

I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but I'll try to help. If Zillow has an incorrect sales price on your home, they would have to change it to match your publicly recorded sale. I do not think that there is way for an owner to edit it themselves. If this is the case make sure that your assessor and recorder have the correct amount so Zillow can verify it. Then, you can "flag" the house with the tools on the home page to let Zillow know that there is an error. I do not know how long it takes to get those corrected, but at least they can add your house to the update list.

If your Zestimate is low because it was distressed sale, your best option is to claim the house, make sure all home facts are correct and possible add an owners estimate to show value for remodeling or repairs. Zillow has info on claiming, editing facts and the owners estimate here that might help.

If you look at the listing, down a bit it says "Home Ownership".  In that section, you can Claim the house, and edit information.  I'm told that you cannot edit the zestimate (it is calculated), but if there are material facts (such as a recent sale), the zestimate should be recalculated.  I am a local Realtor and not an expert on Zillow, but I think this answers your question.