Profile picture for Ralphy Bardot

your graph is wrong

My home was estimated on Zillow over $3MM a few  years ago. When I recently looked  at the 10 year graph chart you highest amount did not  even touch up to 2MM?
Further , my neighbor who just sold @ $2.2MM &  2 neighbors selling @ $2.5MM would validate a base line. Yet  you have my Zestimate @ 1.2MM??? . My  home is at the very least equal in value (and probably much more valuable). Yet you have me ~1MM below base line value?
 If you do not remedy your obvious errors I cannot allow you to include my home on your site.
  • June 22 2010 - Pearl River
  • 0

Zillow does go back periodically and improves their model, which recalculates the historical Zestimates.    As a consequence, the Zestimate numbers you may have seen a while back are not always reflected in the Zestimate graph.    

"I cannot allow you to include my home on the site".  You can see Zillow's video on this subject here.

Profile picture for nwhome.us
When was the last time you saw a Zillow appraiser in your neighborhood? Actually I don't think that Zillow has any appraisers.
Here is a link to Zillow's Accuracy Tables.
Here is a link to the Zillow's Most Popular Questions.  What you'll find here is an opportunity to augment the data that they download from your county's database with specific information that YOU know about your home.  This is a way for you to show all of the great appointments to the property.  This is wise to do if you are positioning yourself to sell it; not so important if you want to maintain a low profile.
Now, if you'd like to update the data that is in the county records, that would also accomplish something similar, but not too many people want the county to increase their taxes......